Picking Apart The Morgan Stanley Website

 This week, I'm going to be examining the website for Morgan Stanley. I interned here in Chicago, so I thought it would be fun to revisit the website, and I also hope to work there after college.

Here's the link to their website : https://www.morganstanley.com/

This is the main part of the website. At the top, above this, there are links to different web pages detailing services in depth. In the middle, this box is displayed. If you click on all of the names next to that picture of NYC, you can get a quick blurb about what services are provided. You can also click these links to go to full webpages for the services. At the bottom of the website there are links for social media, customer service, and a career page. I think it is organized this way mainly for engagement purposes. You want people to be able to find and access information from the top and bottom of the website, so I think that's why they made sure to add tabs there. I think that they put a lot of the visually engaging materials in the center of the website so that people will feel inclined to stay on the website for longer periods of time, hopefully leading them to reaching out to the bank.


Morgan Stanley has always done an excellent job creating an identity for itself. The homepage of the website highlights how they make a difference as a company. They discuss how they are active in volunteering, have practices in place to reduce discrimination, and also have a page for students who are looking to start a career. I really like the quote that they chose to put on their homepage, as I think it really sums up the comapny;s brand. I can also attest that this is the actual working culture at Morgan Stanley. When I worked there, our team volunteered together, did some mentoring in Chicago public schools, and we also participated in a variety of diversity centered activities. 

There are a couple of things that I think Morgan Stanley could do to improve their online communication. Even though the website is well made, I do think that it is a little convoluted at times. Each link leads to a new page with links, which leads to a new page with links, and so on. This is how websites work, but I think that they would be able to reach more people if their website was a little bit simpler. 

All in all, I do think thatMorgan Stanley does a good job communicating through its website and social medias. As seen in the pictures above, there is lots of information for people to look at when visiting the website, and the post are all very engaging. There are multiple links that lead to other webpages that are even more in depth about the services that Morgan Stanley provides. 

Comments

Popular Posts